Thursday, March 10, 2011

Corbett's Response to Letters to His Office on the Budget

Here's the response that Corbett's office sends if you write to him about the budget. Want to get a similar letter? Send an email to Corbett telling him what you think of the budget by clicking here.

Thank you for contacting my office to express your opinion regarding my proposed budget for Fiscal Year 2011-2012.

When I came into office in January, Pennsylvania was facing a dire economic situation and a $4.16 billion budget deficit. As I prepared to address these concerns, I focused upon creating a balanced budget built on fiscal discipline, free enterprise, public health and safety, and transparent government.

During this process, my Administration was faced with many difficult policy and budgetary choices. Consequently, it became necessary to reduce or consolidate a number of programs. However, I am confident that the final product puts Pennsylvania on a path to economic sustainability for the future and will enable the job growth necessary to strengthen our economy for decades to come.

To learn more about the specific line-items included in my budget proposal, I invite you to visit our online budget dashboard at www.pa.gov/open.

Sincerely,

TOM CORBETT
Governor

No comments: