I love Keystone Progress. There, I said it. After my family, it's the most important thing in my life right now. And it's not just because it provides my paycheck. I could work somewhere else and make more money for a lot less work. I love KP because I love Pennsylvania and I love my country. I love Keystone Progress because it is one of the organizations making a real difference.
KP is helping to build a permanent progressive political majority in Pennsylvania. And it's providing hope for progressives, when despair is as deep as the snowfall from a one-two blizzard punch. Republican obstructionism in Congress, the rise of the regressive Tea Party movement and the Supreme Court's recent decision to give corporations free rein to buy our elections are enough to cause many to throw up their hands in surrender.
But Keystone Progress, and our allies, have refused to quit. Instead, we are audacious enough to believe that we can still win healthcare for every American, equal rights for LGBT people, a growing economy that guarantees a living wage for all, a clean environment, and a society that includes everyone in its common wealth.
KP has accomplished much in its brief existence:
- Built on online progressive action list of over 220,000 subscribers.
- Organized the PA Progressive Summit, training nearly 600 activists
- Produced over 150,000 letters, emails and faxes to elected officials
- Generated over 3,000 news stories in media around PA and across the country.
- Exposed: "Joe" the "Plumber" as a paid shill for corporations; hatred and racism in the McCain/Palin campaign with our videos (over 2.5 million views); the bigotry of Sen. John Eichelberger and Rep. Daryl Metcalfe
- Assisted dozens of other progressive organizations in their communication needs
I love Keystone Progress, what it has done, and what it can do in 2010-if we have the funding. We rely on our friends for our support.
That's why I'm asking you to send a Valentine gift today. https://secure.keystoneprogress.org/page/contribute/paval Make a contribution to Keystone Progress today and we'll send an email letting your Valentine know that not only are you thinking of him/her, you are honoring your Valentine with a gift that will help make Pennsylvania a better place to live and to love. Or you can just make a contribution without the Valentine.
Your contribution will help us continue our work as the communication hub for PA's progressive community. We'll use every dollar to make a difference on the issues you care about.
Show your love. Make the most generous contribution you can afford to help us build a progressive future in PA.
In Solidarity (and love),
Michael Morrill, Executive Director