Just hours after Congress passed health insurance reform, Pennsylvania Attorney General Tom Corbett joined a lawsuit to block it. He joined 10 other Republican attorneys general who are pledging to take it to the Supreme Court if necessary.
Tom Corbett is using our tax dollars to sue the United States in an effort to block health care reforms that offer huge benefits to the people of our state. Who is he representing?
We know Corbett isn't representing the hundreds of thousands of Pennsylvanians with pre-existing conditions who will be guaranteed coverage, or the 151,000 small businesses who will receive tax credits and other assistance to help them afford coverage, or the 2.2 million people who will receive improved Medicare benefits, or the 10.7 million residents with health insurance who are now protected from arbitrary premium hikes and insurance cancellations if they get sick.1
Does Tom Corbett represent you?
If you don't want Attorney General Corbett to file this suit in your name, now is the time to speak out! We need Tom Corbett to hear from thousands of people across the state: don't sacrifice Washington's health for partisan politics. Please click on the link below to sign our petition. Then forward this email to your friends and ask them to sign as well.
This reform will benefit nearly every family in Pennsylvania. A congressional analysis found that this bill will:
* Protect 10.7 million residents with health insurance from arbitrary premium hikes and insurance cancellations if they get sick.
* Provide tax credits and other assistance to up to 904,000 families and 151,000 small businesses in PA to help them afford coverage.
* Improve Medicare for 2.2 million people in PA.
* Extend insurance coverage to 1.3 million uninsured residents.
* Guarantee that the more than 500,000 residents with pre-existing conditions can obtain coverage.
* Reduce the national debt by over $1 trillion over the next 20 years.2
Despite these benefits for the people of Pennsylvania, Tom Corbett is putting partisan politics above good policy by trying to maintain the status quo of our broken health care system.
Help us make sure Tom Corbett understands that he does not represent the people of Pennsylvania if he continues to pursue this suit. Please click on the link below to sign our petition, and then forward it to your friends.